Entering the World of Carburetors (4ag)

Angle mods and engine builds. Even how to drift or build a boat. Post it here.
RVAMitchell
Slideways VIP

Re: Entering the World of Carburetors (4ag)

Post by RVAMitchell » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:10 pm

I can't remember off the top of my head.

When I moved the carb's over to my other 4a, it ended up just doing trial and error. I started big and went smaller until it felt right.
Jazpin
Slideways VIP

Post by Jazpin » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Check my old thread on my AE86. I was running Weber 40's as well. Had absolutely no issues when sideways or circuit driving. Loved the throttle response. I did the same as Mitchell, started big and got progressively smaller until I got the best power output. Making sure both carbs are sync'd is the only pain in the ass at first, but you get used to it. After that, the only thing my battery ran was my battery, my lights, and my sun roof. LOVE analogue cars LOL!

Short video, I never rev it passed 3500 here (figured that out based off the sound after I'd installed an aftermarket tach), so you don't really get to hear that carb throatiness, but I loved it. Just sucks that the video was taken with an iPhone 3, so you don't get to hear much of the bassiness behind it either. Anyways, linky lol.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAGtDMCLGoQ[/youtube]
'03 WRX (Sold)
'96 BMW Z3 (Sold)
'94 180SX-RB (Japan, Sold)
'86 AE86 (May she rest in peace... *cries*)
'93 BMW 318is (Whaaaaaat?!)(Sold, LOL!)
'87 MR2 AW-11 (Awwwww YEAH!)
Saigons Son

Post by Saigons Son » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:07 pm

What did you guys run for ignition/ distributor? locked out bluetop dizzy? Did you run MSD 6AL for ig?