Roll centers for drifting

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:54 pm

www.slidewaysonline.com/?q=node/44

I've read countless articles on the subject. I wanted to put something out for the regular grassroots guys. You don't need to know how to measure it out. You simply need to look under your car and see how bad your control arm angles are. If you slam your car, RCAs will be your track savior. That or you try to cheat with massive spring rates.
HerNameIsSway

Postby HerNameIsSway » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:32 pm

I installed RCAs a year ago and it was one of the best investments I made for a drift car. The steering feels easier to move as there is less binding feel.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: Roll centers for drifting

Postby Yoshi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:38 pm

I'm not sure steering feel had much to do with that though. Maybe your old balljoints were bad. It should help your contact patch mid turn though. So in that sense I can see how steering would improve.
HerNameIsSway

Re: Roll centers for drifting

Postby HerNameIsSway » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:04 am

I didnt change anything on the car, just added the RCAs between the events and saw the difference in my steering wheel bind.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.

Return to “Article Dicussions”