New Member - First post !

New? Tell us about yourself. Who is into drifting? TELL US!
Mike240

New Member - First post !

Postby Mike240 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:21 pm

Hello everyone.This is my first post so i decided to do it the way i am suppose to ..

NAME!- Mike Yankov

AGE!- 23

LOCATION!- Ocean City , Maryland

DRIFT CAR!- S14 Zenki

YEARS DRIFTING!- 1

JOB?SCHOOL?BOTH?- I went to Communications High School in my home town in Europe ( Shumen , Bulgaria ) .. 4 Years of Astronomy and Physics @ the University of Shumen

DRIFT EVENTS ATTENDED!- None so far .. hope to loose my "drift event virginity" soon !

PIC OF CAR-

more information on car if desired, (mods/swaps/other cars u mess with)- Just recently bought the car haven't really had the time to work on it and there is nothing major to be done to it . The guy that i got it from maintained it good and did allot to it he also gave me a bunch of boxes with brand new parts (thanks Brandon) ready for turbo -ing the zenki but u know .. whatever is not broken - don't fix it . so i decided to keep the parts in boxes . car is still running smooth and i have no problems with it .

nothing special with the zenki
welded diff
coilovers
front and rear strut bars
short shifter
bucket seat and quick release steering wheel
body kit
nothing special like i said just little things the dude did to the car before i got it.

story time, anything about yourself or how you've come across drifting- Moved to live in the US two years ago .. i was still a kid when Japanese people start drifting and since then cant stop thinking about it ..i just have this passion about it like all of us here i guess .. i also have a drag build ( VW Corrado 1.8T Big turbo swap ) sits in a dusty garage back in Bulgaria waiting on brighter days haha dont get me wrong i love that car , but drifting is what i really want to do .. the corrado is nothing more than a chick magnet.

plans? competition? fun? just trying out?- The main reason i am posting this is because i am tired of staying away from the drift community in general .. i live by myself i dont have any friends that are into cars or drifting there is nobody to talk about it with . so i decided to sign up here and hopefully start making friends find drift spots or places that u guys hang out ...
i want to learn more about your events how and who is organizing everything .

how did you hear about/come across slideways?- There was a sticker on the back side of Zenki`s bucket seat so i decided to see whats that all about and here i am

I am happy that you guys exist and looking forward for some drifting !

@MYankov
dajemma

Re: New Member - First post !

Postby dajemma » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:43 am

welcome, like the s14!

I don't think the dates have come out yet for events this year, but there is another drift meet in two weeks, you just missed the first one of the year
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:44 pm

Bulgarian huh? they have some pretty women there :)

Welcome! You'll fit right in. I'm happy those stickers I hand out for free are good for something.
Mike240

Postby Mike240 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Yoshi wrote:Bulgarian huh? they have some pretty women there :)

Damn straight ! Bulgaria is know as the hot chick capital of the world ;)

And yeah i guess those stickers did the job cus here i am ..

looking forward for some events and i still have some questions for you guys but i dont think now its the right moment :)
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:22 pm

secrets? bah!
dajemma

Postby dajemma » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:31 pm

Mike240 wrote:l have some questions for you guys but i dont think now its the right moment :)

you got questions, we got answers, or we can help you find them. fire away!
Jazpin
Slideways VIP

Postby Jazpin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 pm

Welcome dude! And trust me, you're not the only noob around. As professional driving goes, I'm far from noob, but drift? God, I've still got a lot to learn! Only drifted (on purpose) on track like 3 times, but everyone here has been great with answering any questions I have. I've got it down in THEORY, but putting it to practice is where the real learning begins for me. So just ask away and I'm sure people can help!
'03 WRX (Sold)
'96 BMW Z3 (Sold)
'94 180SX-RB (Japan, Sold)
'86 AE86 (May she rest in peace... *cries*)
'93 BMW 318is (Whaaaaaat?!)(Sold, LOL!)
'87 MR2 AW-11 (Awwwww YEAH!)
quakerboi

Postby quakerboi » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:45 pm

welcome sir! we should be getting this years schedule quite soon!
One wrecked to shit s13
Mike240

Postby Mike240 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:48 am

Damn thanks all of you for responding .. seems like a good atmosphere around here ..

With the questions i dont even know where to start from .. first of all i need to figure out how exactly to deal with my situation .. the thing is i need to get the 240 inspected and insured to drive it on the streets and to be abel to go to meets and stuff .. car passed inspection only once when ex owner had it and he did all the modifications after that .. so me in the face of the total foreign guy dont know how exactly all this getin the car legal shit will work .. i really need someone to put me in the right direction ... where and how exactly the car passes inspection the esurance i think i can deal myself that will be easy but tell me fellas how liberal are inspection guys with cars like this ... do you think i should look for a shady guy or something where will be a good place to go ..

do you think @ the marylands mva i will be okay with valid in date international and also valid in date bulgarian drivings license

should i just say F it and turbo the engine now and build it like this and keep the car as a trailer bitch .. iam a car guy but not really a person who needs a daily driver in this moment .. i own 3 vehicles on two continents and there all non street legal performance cars ... my job and friends are in walking distance havent really felt like i need a daily at least for now ...

and also building the car will be a bitch .. i live in a damn hotel don`t have no indoor garage no nothing not really propper spot to take and engine out and work on it .. i need to find the right guy and pay him to do it i guess ... sorry for all the mistakes guys , i am terrible

i have so many questions about meets locations and stuff , car requirements for the track and stuff like that .. plenty of time to learn that i guess

@MYankov
Jazpin
Slideways VIP

Postby Jazpin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:19 am

I wish I could help you with the inspection stuff, but I don't live in Maryland do I can't tell you how it's going to go. Where I live in the middle of Virginia out in the boonies, I've registered and inspected a VERY built Z3 Roadster. No emissions inspection in my county. However I had a cage, modified suspension and steering components, turbo'd M44 motor, with straight pipes. Dailied her until I sold her in 2010. Did have to make sure I reinstalled the ABS relays, steering wheel and airbag relays and sensors first though. In Virginia they frown upon messing with "safety" equipment. So long story short, check with your county about acceptable modifications, as in look up the laws yourself, and go from there brother. My last car would NOT pass inspection here in Virginia however (my AE86), but since it was exempt in the state I lived in when I just kept renewing the plates from there over the phone. I know the pain of not having a street legal machine man, so again, read your county's laws on vehicle modification as well as your state laws. They're all open source and available.
'03 WRX (Sold)
'96 BMW Z3 (Sold)
'94 180SX-RB (Japan, Sold)
'86 AE86 (May she rest in peace... *cries*)
'93 BMW 318is (Whaaaaaat?!)(Sold, LOL!)
'87 MR2 AW-11 (Awwwww YEAH!)

Return to “Introductions”