DN April afterness!

Info and links about/to Drift Nirvana
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: DN April afterness!

Postby Yoshi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:01 am

IMO you don't make the driver's meeting, you have no excuse. "I didn't know" is not a free pass. If you were there and didn't get it. that's another story. Although, then you should have spoken up when I sad "any questions?!".
crzsteveo

Postby crzsteveo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:23 am

we should discuss DN stuff in another thread!! yay~~~~~

got vids. well sort of...like i said people, i need a better camera to take pics and such. but i did my best with what i got.

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq89 ... a%20april/

and all i gotta say, is that FD sounds so fuckin sexy....like i busted a nut listening to it
prorallycodriver

Postby prorallycodriver » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:54 am

Yoshi wrote:trading track work is one thing. I wouldn't trust a driver with handing out wrist bands and such. We are MUCH bigger than an autox so things don't transfer as well.

Size doesn't matter. I do prorallies and the larger hillclimbs and they all utilize volunteers for everything. We race hundreds of miles spread out over entire counties or huge National Forest over multiple days. Imagine linking 30 miles of drifting back-ass country road, finishing that segment and driving 10 miles to race another 20 miles section and yet another 5 miles to race another 12 mile section of closed road before pitting. Sometimes we do a laps on a track or arena and then head off to the woods. Sometimes we've raced in major cities requiring massive crowd control. An army of ham radio operators for communications, experienced volunteers driving the pace cars, volunteers for dozens of timing and scoring locations, a paddock that may move several times a day, tech inspection, and volunteer 'marshalls' to block access to sideroads, driveways, trails and spectator marshalls to herd spectators into safe areas.

A big rally will have at least 300 volunteers and only a dozen core committee members to pull it off. And all they expect is a free lunch, entrance to the awards ceremony or awards dinner and perhaps a event T-shirt. This helps grow the sport because many people who learn as workers or pitcrew become drivers or codrivers themselves.

Find people willing to help, ensure they have the skills for the tasks you have to fill and delegate a little authority and life will be easier and events more smooth. I've seen rallies where the chairman organizer didn't want to relinquish any responsibilities to anyone else until too late and the event flopped and was cancelled early (in West Virginia BTW). You guys should just be the decision makers. Find the biggest baddest dude to be the skidpad bouncer.
Last one back to the clubhouse is buying!

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:02 am

size doesn't matter? Tell that to my wife :(
crzsteveo

Postby crzsteveo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 am

maybe brib someone that has signed up for the skidpad? he tells peeps when 3 mins is up. get off or get riddled with a paintball gun..

ooo thats a good idea.
ivantheterribl3

Postby ivantheterribl3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 am

Hahaha I like that idea steve but it sounds like a lawsuit or an ass beating waiting to happen. Id be down to help with anything necessary.
prorallycodriver

Postby prorallycodriver » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:41 am

Spike-strips?
Last one back to the clubhouse is buying!

ungrat3ful

Postby ungrat3ful » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:15 am

i think there definitely needs to be someone there to flag people off the skid pad cuz i went by there a couple of times and i cant count the amount of times i saw 5-12 min runs
whatrwedoingnow

DN April afterness!

Postby whatrwedoingnow » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:09 am

Due to having a awesome first event I'm sure we can get a skid pad flagged now
1jzgte 1984 200sx!
Sarli Motorsports

Postby Sarli Motorsports » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCTXs8hWBrQ&context=C4302e82ADvjVQa1PpcFNgwHpHp0crPbd9IHEPNBUSnC84utDNU3o=[/youtube] This was giving a few rides. Car was down on power due to a maf issue but it still does ok. Also the first time with an ebrake in that car. Enjoy the look on the girls face in the front seat. lol

Return to “Drift Nirvana”