whatrwedoingnow

Re: DN April afterness!

Postby whatrwedoingnow » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 pm

By the way i had a blast. got a pair of tires off in my DD
1jzgte 1984 200sx!
ivantheterribl3

Postby ivantheterribl3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:50 pm

Truth. But there was also the issue of people who simply didn't have the skill/consistency to effectively run in a group of more experienced drivers and caused problems. It did reach a level of being a sort of....tandemonium.
molotovman

Postby molotovman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Yoshi wrote:time and logistics make these things hard. We lack the man power to do all of this stuff.

Some women are good at logistics and probably need something to do. Or offer a discount on drivers fee to people who volunteer in the morning or afternoon for events split it up into two or three shifts.............. or make it like an autox where people have to work shifts.
That's one thing I hate about autoX but it works.
BW S366 shooting for 400+WHP sometime in 2013
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:02 am

trading track work is one thing. I wouldn't trust a driver with handing out wrist bands and such. We are MUCH bigger than an autox so things don't transfer as well.
ivantheterribl3

Postby ivantheterribl3 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:18 am

Yo molotov man gotta say I saw you driving and for a first timer you were doing exceptionally well! Hope to see you back out there man.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:40 am

+1 homie
Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:46 am

Maybe there should be another driver's meeting during lunch for people who get there late.
molotovman

Postby molotovman » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:47 am

ivantheterribl3 wrote:Yo molotov man gotta say I saw you driving and for a first timer you were doing exceptionally well! Hope to see you back out there man.

Thanks man,I was much better in the afternoon!

Yoshi's a good instructor, or motivator. I've done a lot of autocross over the past few years, building a track car and getting licensed is too expensive. I think i've found a happy medium. My wife still thinks it's expensive, if she only knew.

I need to do some work to my car, it's got a big oil leak from the front cover. I'm planning on changing the oil pressure regulator, oil pump(one froma turbo model), putting studs in my block for the oil pan, and getting a baffle plate, or a bigger pan with a built in baffle. I'm also going to drill/tap my front cover for an oil return line just in case I ever get around to putting a turbo on it. I also need to put in some rear toe-steering eliminators.

Until then, It'll stay a 160HP N/A and I'll ride whatever free tires I can. I'll be back out, I didn;t have any trouble with the VLSD like I twas nervous about.
BW S366 shooting for 400+WHP sometime in 2013
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:54 am

Chen wrote:Maybe there should be another driver's meeting during lunch for people who get there late.

Except it's a MANDATORY morning meeting that technically you can't drive if you don't make it. But that is being discussed currently.

molotovman wrote:
ivantheterribl3 wrote:Yoshi's a good instructor, or motivator. I've done a lot of autocross over the past few years, building a track car and getting licensed is too expensive. I think i've found a happy medium. My wife still thinks it's expensive, if she only knew.

aw shucks :oops:

I didn't do anything man. I just reminded you to stay calm and rode along a few times. You had that down pat from the first run. I was just a sanity check.
Chen

Postby Chen » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:57 am

Realistically there are going to be people that show up late. You can either ignore it and have things continue as they are, or adjust. Also, rules such as TT should be posted in their own thread on this forum before being announced at driver's meetings.

Return to “Drift Nirvana”