DN April afterness!

Info and links about/to Drift Nirvana
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: DN April afterness!

Postby Yoshi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:07 pm

Also was hoping people would ask questions when they don't understand stuff lol. Why does no one ask anything when I say "any questions?"
ivantheterribl3

Postby ivantheterribl3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:18 pm

Because people are uncomfortable speaking in front of crowds for the most part. In all honesty yes I did miss the drivers meeting (very seldom happens) because it was my best friends birthday celebration the night before and I was out late. Overslept a bit. I wasn't too concerned with it yesterday because of reasons previously stated but I did ask a few people and they didn't have a good answer for me. If I was planning on tandeming yesterday I would have consulted one of the people in charge about it to explain better.
HerNameIsSway

DN April afterness!

Postby HerNameIsSway » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:25 pm

I couldn't understand everything so I asked AFTER the meeting.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
molotovman

Postby molotovman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:37 pm

Yoshi wrote:Also was hoping people would ask questions when they don't understand stuff lol. Why does no one ask anything when I say "any questions?"

Structure man.
The drivers meeting seemed very loose, like you don't really HAVE to be there. Maybe you could pass out wristbands at the end? People could still register and do tech, but they could trade their registration car for a wristband when the meeting is over.
I didn't understand anything either about TT, I thought they were talking about tandem training. I didn't have any questions because it didn't apply to me. I am a noob though.
BW S366 shooting for 400+WHP sometime in 2013
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:40 pm

hmmm... valid points. I like the wrist band idea but logistically, it might be hard.
HerNameIsSway

Postby HerNameIsSway » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:42 pm

At 100DoD, they had all regular drifters do tech ASAP and then after the meeting, those who wish to tandem got their numbers on the cars afterwards. It made a lot of sense, and it was Lee's idea. He wanted to make sure he got the tandem drifters attention first.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
ivantheterribl3

Postby ivantheterribl3 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:44 pm

This is true. It was a decent idea but I'm not surprised it wasn't reimplemented after the tandem mayhem that was 100dod. There were a lot of wrecks.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:46 pm

time and logistics make these things hard. We lack the man power to do all of this stuff.
HerNameIsSway

Postby HerNameIsSway » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:47 pm

The biggest problem was that those who could only afford to do one event a year was at THAT particular event, the season finale. Too many people, including many noobs/non frequent drifters showed up.
crzsteveo

Postby crzsteveo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:49 pm

^check list maybe?

anyways, got sort videos about to be posted soon.

than we should probaly enforce drivers to tell others drivers yes or no to tandem with each other.

Return to “Drift Nirvana”