DN April afterness!

Info and links about/to Drift Nirvana
crzsteveo

DN April afterness!

Postby crzsteveo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:23 am

already uploaded my gay ass pics.... i needed someone with a good camera..

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq89 ... a%20april/
Yoshi
Site Admin

Re: DN April afterness!

Postby Yoshi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:16 am

Thanks steve! updated media page http://www.slidewaysonline.com/?q=node/16

Apparently some alcohol issues and some skid pad issues but the day went very well. I wish we didn't have so many crashes :(
crzsteveo

Postby crzsteveo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 am

yyeyeeaahhhh...skidpad is always an issue...

and the crashes suck....im guessing most of them were new on the track...i hate when that happens...
prorallycodriver

Postby prorallycodriver » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 am

Steveo, zoom closer.

As for incidents, boo to the Summit Point staff pickup driver who didn't slow when approaching the people drifting RC cars during the lunch break, ran over my kid's RC car and then kept on driving. Way to ruin a kid's weekend.
Last edited by prorallycodriver on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last one back to the clubhouse is buying!

ungrat3ful

Postby ungrat3ful » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:38 am

yeah there was a couple cheap mofos that got on the skid pad without paying from what i saw. unless their numbers wore off?
TougeAttackSid
Slideways VIP

Postby TougeAttackSid » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:38 am

kinda happy i found out what size tire to run. maybe the weird sizing of the federal is throwing me weird vibes about 235's? but note-to-self: with that compound, maybe 225/45 would be better?

but other than that, i found my rhythm 2nd part of the day. One HUGE thing i loved about running 17's was how much quicker the car gains momentum and with that, i found that i could step on it TONS more than i have been (which made me happy). Sadly i didnt realize this soon enough to utilize it during the competition runs. I couldnt really set off a CLEAN run but whatever, just the beginning mark of a good year to come.

But with that said, im happy as shit that the teammates came out to drift.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:56 am

ungrat3ful wrote:yeah there was a couple cheap mofos that got on the skid pad without paying from what i saw. unless their numbers wore off?

Really? gah... You figure the guys that paid would yell at the guys that just snuck on track. I spent random bits of the day over there enforcing stuff. I hate the skid pad with a passion now. Absolutely hate it.

prorallycodriver wrote:Steveo, zoom closer.

As for incidents, boo to the Summit Point staff pickup driver who didn't slow when approaching the people drifting RC cars during the lunch break, ran over my kid's RC car and then kept on driving. Way to ruin a kid's weekend.

Seriously?! I hope the guy just didn't see it... On the other hand, why was he playing with his RC car on the main artery to the paddock?
prorallycodriver

Postby prorallycodriver » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:50 pm

Yoshi wrote:Seriously?! I hope the guy just didn't see it... On the other hand, why was he playing with his RC car on the main artery to the paddock?

When there was traffic, he played on the concrete where the bathroom doors are on registration building and behind the cones when tech inspection was finished. When this happened everyone was on the hill for the engagement photos and there was hardly any to no traffic so 2 adults were drifting their RC cars there. He saw them and wanted to drift his car w/ theirs.

Driver certainly saw them as he was approaching but maintained speed (not speeding). No different than seeing kids playing ball in or beside neighborhood street. You make sure kids and ball are secure before driving thru.
Last edited by prorallycodriver on Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last one back to the clubhouse is buying!

Yoshi
Site Admin

Postby Yoshi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:14 pm

<_< fucking WEAK!
HerNameIsSway

DN April afterness!

Postby HerNameIsSway » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 pm

I'm not a fan of the qualifying for tandem train rule because I feel I will never get in with my low hp.

The whole event felt mediocre. It wasn't hyped up or exciting and a lot of drivers wrecked or quit early. I only got like 3 tandem runs all day.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.

Return to “Drift Nirvana”